воскресенье, 7 сентября 2014 г.

My expectation towards the new course!!!



A new semester as well as a new course means plenty of new knowledge. My first expectation towards the course of Writing is to spend less time while thinking what to write and how to do it. I hope to be able to select the information quickly, to plan what to put down and finally, do a good job. I also expect to analyze lots of great pieces of writing and be sure from the start, what style it is, and be able to prove it. I think that the course will bring a lot of hard work, so that I will have to write lots of masterpieces. This practice will surely help me to achieve my primary goal, to be fluent in writing and to spend less time on creating a masterpiece. By the end of the course I expect to be a real master of the pen, an expert in writing. I have no doubts that I will like the course and will learn a lot of new things and my knowledge will grow. 

2 комментария:

  1. My dear Kate,

    I am so proud of you! You have a great paragraph! And as I can see you are very impatient to work and you want everything to do quickly and spend less time on writing something. At the end of this course you will be like Bessor, a real expert namely in Writing)))) I wish your primary goal to accomplish!!! Enjoy yourself! Have a great time!

    Yours truly,
    Alina

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Kate, what can I say you use too much irony in this paragraph :) Be careful with the use of irony. Think is it the perfect context to use it? Will other readers understand it as such? Alina understood it because she is part of the same socio-cultural context, but others might think that either you mock at the reader or you don't know how to write.
    1) Where's the TS? What do you mean by 'PLENTY of new knowledge'?
    2) Try to avoid pompous words such as 'great', to say nothing of 'masterpieces'.
    3) Be careful about the preposition you use.
    4) Reformulate 'I also expect to analyze lots of great pieces of writing and be sure from the start, what style it is, and be able to prove it." I'm afdraid I don't quite understand what you wanted to say.
    5) There's something wrong with 'the course will bring a lot of hard work'
    6) Why have ypou connected them together 'to be fluent in writing and to spend less time on creating a masterpiece'?
    7) Please keep in mind that in academic writing metaphors are to be avoided. Only trite metaphors are accepted.
    8) Be also attentive at the collacabilty of words.
    Please don't use too much irony in your work. Think of the reader. Will he/she understand it?
    Good luck! I hope your expectations will be realized.

    ОтветитьУдалить